Liveaboard Cairns Great Barrier Reef Top Deck Club Style
Situated on the spectacular Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Cairns, Reef Encounter – Australia’s only floating luxury boutique hotel offers guests the opportunity to enjoy the ultimate Great Barrier Reef experience!
Our floating hotel is not near the Great Barrier Reef. It’s ON the Great Barrier Reef.
Top Deck Club is unlike any other Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard.
Whether you’re planning a romantic escape, honeymoon or anniversary Reef Encounter’s Top Deck Club offers the ultimate indulgence package on the Great Barrier Reef.
Upon arrival, guests are greeted by the friendly crew and invited to share delicious local fruit platters and a glass of Australian champagne.
The modern staterooms have a private ensuite and are spacious and air-conditioned with ample space for clothes and luggage.
The staterooms also offer luxurious touches such as crisp Australian bed linen, silk doona, cotton sheets and feather down pillows adorn our oversized double beds. Soft fluffy robes, plush bath sheets and Australian beauty products are all replenished daily.
The magic begins each day when the reef awakens.
Perhaps an early morning dive, a revitalising swim or relaxing spa will entice interest.
When the day draws to a close, majestic sunsets fill the sky with a stunning golden glaze allowing a breathtaking backdrop for the end of the day; a romantic evening under the stars in paradise awaits.
Top Deck Club bookings have access to their room until they depart.
All gourmet meals freshly prepared on board, allowing our chef to provide exciting and unique culinary delights with local Australian and exotic ingredients accompanied by an excellent selection of Australian wines and beers.
If ever there is a perfect time to relax, it is in the Top Deck Club on Reef Encounter!
Top Deck Club provides an unbeatable level of customer care.
Our Top Deck Club package includes additional luxuries including a dedicated personal valet, late check-out times, deluxe three-course evening meals.
Our Cairns liveaboard offers all the luxury facilities of a reef resort while floating on the pristine waters of the Great Barrier Reef – making it one of the most unique holiday escapes in Australia.
The vessel is a 35-metre luxury catamaran designed for the utmost stability and comfort at sea.
Air-conditioned throughout, Reef Encounter features spacious decks as well as roomy dining and recreation areas to dine and relax in.
How to get to our Liveaboard Cairns VIP
Transfers to Reef Encounter are available by a 90-minute fast catamaran ride from Cairns or a stunning helicopter trip over the Great Barrier Reef – a service that no other vessel can provide!
We understand that not everyone wants to do the same activities, which is why on our Great Barrier Reef liveaboard you can decide which activities best suit you so that you have the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Our company has excellent outer barrier reef locations, and we are always excited to show them off to our guests.
This package includes a Top Deck Club guide has extensive knowledge of our reef sites and will be delighted to take you on an amazing tour that includes making sure you see a fantastic variety of brightly coloured marine life and coral.
Our crew are the best on the Great Barrier Reef and are there to make sure that you have the very best Great Barrier Reef Experience.
Our crew will assist you even if you cannot swim.
Our crew have been taking people snorkelling and scuba diving that cannot swim for over 30 years, and we will always offer this service onboard our liveaboard.
Snorkelling is available for all guests; our snorkelling packages come with mask, snorkel, fins and wetsuit.
Our outer barrier reef locations are close to our moorings and offer amazing snorkelling conditions.
Introductory Scuba Diving
Yes if you meet the medical conditions for scuba diving, we can take you on one or several introductory scuba dives all done on the Great Barrier Reef even a night introductory dive!
Introductory dive packages all include mask, snorkel, fins, scuba diving BCD, regulator and wetsuit.
Never scuba dived before?
Unsure if you would like to try our introductory scuba diving. We offer a free scuba diving demonstration where we suit you up in the diving equipment and to see if they are comfortable underwater.
A free service offered onboard our Cairns liveaboard.
If you do decide you would like to continue, you can let your scuba dive instructor know and proceed with your first introductory scuba dive this generally lasts about 20-30 minutes.
Our certified scuba diving packages start with our 2-day 1-night packages. Dive packages include 5-day dives and 1-night dive for each additional night during your stay add 3-day dives and 1-night dive.
We have included in our Top Deck Club liveaboard Cairns dive packages are mask, snorkel, fins, BCD, regulator, night torch and wetsuit.
Nitrox is available onboard.
Scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record.
The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking.
Some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
It is always our mission to provide the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are delighted to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected].
Or you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no-decompression dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your last scuba dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible[/toggle]
Spoil yourself and book yourself a Top Deck Club Liveaboard
- The opportunity to stay on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is a highlight that everyone should choose.
- Interact with thousands of brightly coloured fish and coral
- Delicious meals
- Night dive for those who are game there is plenty of action at night on the reef.
Top Deck Club Packages Include
- Top Deck Club accommodation including ensuite
- Delicious chef-prepared meals
- personal valet
- dinner under the stars
- breakfast in bed
- sunset cocktails
- late checkout
- evening turndown service
- snorkel and scuba diving equipment
- Sleep on the Great Barrier Reef with Reef Encounter, Cairns best Great Barrier Reef liveaboard
- A personal crew member for the duration of your liveaboard tour. This guarantees a personalised reef holiday, styled your way!
- Late check-out times. Top Deck Club guests keep their private cabin until departing Reef Encounter
- Private guided in-water tours – Tailored specifically to your ability and comfort level to ensure you get the most out of your Great Barrier Reef liveaboard!
- Superior Comfort – See “Top Deck Club Great Barrier Reef Accommodation” below
- VIP Meals – See “Top Deck Club Dining” below
- A variety of spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef locations during your stay
- Glass bottom boat tour
- On the voyage to Reef Encounter, you will have the option to listen to an informative Marine Biology presentation about the coral reef and marine animals
- Free luggage storage facility available at their offices in the Cairns City
- Daily transfers to the liveaboard vessel via a fast catamaran boat mean you can depart for your Top Deck Club liveaboard tour on a date that suits you – and stay as long as you desire. (Scenic Great Barrier Reef helicopter transfers to or from your liveaboard tour are an optional extra).
- introductory dive
- professional photographs
- scuba lessons
- barista coffee
- Reef Encounter is a barefoot product.
- light jacket
- casual resort wear
- For scuba divers
- certification card
Reef Encounter is positioned on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
How to get to Reef Encounter?
The first option if via our transfer vessel Reef Experience that departs Cairns daily at 8 am.
The second option is via a spectacular scenic helicopter flight over the Great Barrier and landing directly onboard Reef Encounter’s exclusive helipad.
Important information for scuba divers
- This information is for all guests participating in scuba diving activities during your Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard Tour.
- Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules globally and the safest scuba diving record. Please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws in Queensland, Australia.
- Great Barrier Reef liveaboard boats are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including the requirements for a dive medical, where applicable, as required by law.
- To avoid disappointment on your liveaboard tour – we strongly recommend that all passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age and/or medications may prevent you from scuba diving. It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef tour.
- We are delighted to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on +61 7 4037 2700 or email our helpful team today.
- Alternatively, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Queensland Dive Medical using the Australian QLD Standard Form AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
- You should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive for a single no decompression scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.