Where is Cairns?
Where is Cairns? Cairns is in Far North Queensland in Australia, along the east coast.
- Sydney to Cairns is 2419 kilometres, With a flying time of three hours and 5 minutes.
- Brisbane to Cairns is 1702 kilometres, With a flying time of two hours and twenty-five minutes.
- Melbourne to Cairns is 2943 kilometres, with a flying time of three hours and twenty minutes.
- Adelaide to Cairns is 2,969.5 kilometres, with three hours of flying time.
- Darwin to Cairns is 2,675.8 kilometres, with a flying time of two hours and twenty-five minutes.
- Perth to Cairns is 4,736.5 kilometres, with a flying time of four hours and ten minutes.
Time in this region operates in Australian Eastern Standard time UTC+10.
- East, we have the World Heritage Great Barrier Reef.
- West is the Atherton Tablelands and Chillegoe Caves.
- South is Mission Beach and the Whitsunday Islands.
- Port Douglas, World Heritage Daintree Rainforest, and Cape York are north of Cairns.
The city of Cairns is about 5 kilometres square; the town is flat and easy to walk around, be sure that you take drinking water with you as our climate is always warm to hot.
Elevation between 0 and 1,314 metres with a population of approximately 150,000
It covers an area of 488.1-kilometre squares—the 5th most populated city in Australia.
What’s Cairns famous for?
Cairns is a modern, tropical city. It’s the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. The beautiful Atherton Tablelands are west of Cairns, and Fitzroy Island and Green Island are east of Cairns.
The Great Barrier Reef is the largest living thing and is home to 1500 species of fish and over 400 species of coral.
While the Daintree Rainforest is the oldest tropical rainforest on earth. Home to over 3000 species of plants, this region is 1,200 square kilometres in size.
How to get to Cairns?
Fly from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin and Perth
Jetstar operates international flights from Tokyo, Osaka and Bali
Fly to Singapore with Silk Airlines.
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, operated by Air Niugini and Qantas Airlines.
New Zealand, operated by Air New Zealand
Shenzen in China by Hainan Airlines.
Travel by Train
Cairns is the final station of the Queensland North Coast Railway line, which follows the Eastern Seaboard from Brisbane, including the high-speed train ‘The Tilt Train.’
Travel by bus
Greyhound, Oz Experience passes are available so you can get on and off and explore all the vast regions of Australia.
Hire a campervan
Also, a great option and will offer great flexibility to get you around and allow you to discover Queensland at your own pace.
While you are here, there are so many beautiful places along the way to explore.
Whichever way you choose to arrive, we can assist you in getting here and all the fun things to see and do while you are here.
Would you like information? Click on our live chat, call our office on 07 4037 2700 or chat with us.