Explore The Oldest Living Jungle
Daintree Day tour – Explore the oldest jungle in the world! The Daintree Rainforest covers 1200 square kilometres and is the largest continuous area of tropical rainforest in Australia.
The Daintree Rainforest is named after Richard Daintree who was a government geologist for North Queensland.
This exciting day tour takes you along one of Australia’s most spectacular coastal drives to the resort town of Port Douglas.
After Port Douglas you travel through the town of Mossman to the Daintree River where morning tea is provided followed by a Daintree River wildlife cruise.
The Daintree River is home to a diverse ecosystem and the cruise guide will help you spot some of the wildlife including birds, snakes, frogs, flying foxes and crocodiles.
Have your cameras ready! After the river cruise, you will travel to the spectacular Alexandra Range Lookout before arriving at our private lunch location in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest.
See the Daintree Entomological Museum and go on an interesting 20 minute guided tour of the Museum.
You will learn some very interesting facts about the butterflies and insects of the Daintree Rainforest and how they play such an important part in the ecological balance of our rainforest.
Near by there is a lovely picnic area where we have a barbecue lunch with a choice of barramundi fish, steak, or vegetarian option.
You may also wish to enjoy a refreshing swim at our beautiful private rainforest creek.
After Lunch, you travel further north to the isolated Cape Tribulation where the beach beckons for you to stroll along it’s coral sands.
This is the only place on Earth where two World Heritage listed areas meet.
There is time to visit the Cape Tribulation lookout before departing for a relaxing and informative guided walk through the Cape Tribulation National Park.
After the walk, you will be offered afternoon tea before boarding our air-conditioned vehicle to traverse the Alexandra Range where you will see the rare and primitive King Ferns growing in abundance.
You then cross the river by cable barge and enjoy a leisurely drive to Cairns with spectacular views of the Coral Sea.
Daintree Day Tour Itinerary
- Pick up from your hotel commencing at 7.00 am in Cairns City. Cairns Northern Beaches, Palm Cove and Port Douglas hotel pick ups available too.
- Scenic coastal drive viewing the Coral Sea.
- Morning tea at the Daintree River
- Daintree River Wilderness Cruise spotting crocodiles, birds and snakes.
- Daintree butterfly and insect museum.
- Delicious premium BBQ lunch in a private Daintree rainforest setting: Native Barramundi, Rib Fillet Steak or vegetarian
- Daintree entomological museum- Australia’s largest collection of insects
- Cape Tribulation beach 30 minutes of free time
- Guided Cape Tribulation National Park board walk.
- Botanical guided walks (Mangrove Eco-system)
- Spectacular Alexandra Range lookout.
- Afternoon tea.
- Return transfer to your accommodation
Return to your hotel by approximately 6.30 pm.
Child prices are for age 4 to 14 years.
This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4 years.