Great Barrier Reef Pontoon Cairns
This tour is perfect for both swimmers and non-swimmers alike. Great Barrier Reef Pontoon Cairns includes an activity platform. You will snorkel and / or scuba dive! Alternatively, choose to not get wet. Visit the underwater observatory or the semi submersible submarine.
You will cruise in comfort. Our catamaran is fast and modern. You will arrive at a magnificent outer reef location. Here, the wilderness and marine biodiversity is pristine.
So Much To Do!
Take our semi-submersible coral viewing tour. With informative commentary it departs every 30 minutes or as advised. Snorkel directly from the platform. View the spectacular coral gardens. Home to an array of marine life. Turtles and colourful tropical fish are in abundance! The underwater observatory is open throughout the day for coral and fish viewing.
Taking Care Of The Reef
We have friendly and knowledgeable crew! They love to share this incredible part of the Great Barrier Reef with you. We are committed to sustainable environmental practices.
Want to visit more than one outer reef location in a day? Click HERE!
Your Adventure Begins!
- From 9.30 am Check-in at Great Adventures Reservations Counter inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal.
- 10:10 am Vessel boarding. Complimentary morning tea/coffee served. For your safety hot drinks are not served once the vessel is underway.
- 10:30 am Depart Reef Fleet Terminal. Head to the Outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon via Green Island.
- 11:20 am Cake selection served on journey. A Reef Presentation is shown on the vessel’s monitors. Snorkeling demonstration by crew.
- 12:30 pm Arrive at the Outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon.
Reef activities commence… Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with informative commentary departs every 30 minutes or as advised. Snorkel directly from the platform. Underwater observatory is open throughout the day for coral and fish viewing.
- 1.00-2.30pm Hot and cold buffet lunch is served. Time for more reef activities or just relax on the sundeck and take in the views! Tea and coffee is available whilst at the platform.
- 3:30pm A blast on the ship’s horn will signal the time when all passengers should return to the vessel ready for departure.
- 3:40pm A passenger count is conducted before leaving the Reef. Crew will announce when this commences and we ask all passengers to co-operate during this very important procedure by not moving about the vessel.
- 3:45pm Departure to Cairns via Green Island. Complimentary cheese and biscuits served on homeward journey.
- 5:30pm Arrive Marlin Marina, Cairns.
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise.
- Morning tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns.
- Morning tea cake selection.
- Three (3) hours at Outer Reef Activity Platform.
- Snorkeling equipment.
- Use of buoyancy vests & lycra/stinger suits.
- Reef education presentation.
- Hot and cold buffet lunch.
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour.
- Underwater Observatory.
- Guided Eco Reef Talk in the underwater observatory.
- Afternoon tea and coffee available whilst at the platform. Cheese and biscuits on return journey
Pre-booked optional activities including introductory diving, Scuba-Doo and scenic helicopter flights commence as advised.
What to bring
- Swimming costume and beach towel
- Hat, sunscreen and comfortable shoes
- Money for drinks, souvenirs and optional activities
- And a sense of adventure!
- Passengers must check-in at the Great Adventures counter for boarding passes before boarding vessel.
- Boarding is 30 minutes prior to departure time.
Important Information for Scuba Diving
We have a passion to show you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire prior to booking as some medical conditions, age and / or medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are very happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please Contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected],
Or alternatively, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible