Escape the crowds on board this 4WD adventure
Jump on board our 4WD for this exclusive and spectacular visit to the Rainforest and the mighty Barron falls, including Surprise Falls.
This tour is ideal if you have limited time and want to escape the crowds and experience the true Tropical Rainforest and hidden wonders of North Queensland.
You will be surprised in how much beauty you will see in just 5 hour.
This beautiful Waterfall is 243 metres high and set amongst the scenic, lower Barron Gorge. Next we ascend the Lamb Range to the west of Cairns where we stop at the Lake Morris lookout.
From here you will enjoy spectacular views over Cairns city and towards Green Island. We then continue our journey, visiting Lake Morris & Copperlode Dam – this is Cairns’ water supply and surrounded by World Heritage rainforest-clad mountains, it’s a unique and outstanding location to visit.
We’ll stretch our legs prior to crossing the dam wall where we begin our four-wheel drive journey. Our exclusive access permit sees us visit areas not open to the public.
Our track winds through rainforest and over mountains of the Great Dividing Range. We’ll stop to view ancient King Ferns before stopping at our Clohesy Boardwalk.
Your Guide will interpret the rainforest surrounds and introduce you to the giant strangler fig tree, which is hundreds of years old. Our next stop is Kuranda; here we will enjoy a short driving tour of the village before we will continue to the World Heritage Listed Barron Gorge National Park for more spectacular photo opportunities of the Mighty Barron Falls and the stunning Wrights lookout.Finally as our tour concludes, we will head back towards Cairns via the Wet Tropics World Heritage drive on the Kuranda range. We stop at the breathtaking Henry Ross lookout before arriving in Cairns where you are returned to your accommodation.
- Return transfers to and from Accommodation
- Small group (max 9) offering unrivalled, friendly and personalized service
- Air Conditioned comfortable late model 4WD Vehicle
- National Park Fees & Permits
- Morning or Afternoon tea
- 5 stunning lookout points for photo’s
- 2 Waterfalls- Surprise and the Barron Falls
- Rainforest Boardwalk- Guided walk in a very private section of rainforest
- World Heritage Rainforest
- Soft Off-Road Four Wheel Driving through creeks and rivers
- Clohesy River Fig Tree
- Experienced Local Naturalist/Accredited Tour Guides
- Chilled bottled water on board
- Umbrellas if required