Experience the Wonders of this Great Wilderness
Visit one of the last remaining wilderness areas on Earth. This is a trip that you will always remember. Travelling from Cairns through to Cape York.
Taking in Eucalyptus wooded savannah’s, tropical rainforests and other types of habitat that are now recognized for their global environmental significance.
You will experience the world heritage listed Daintree Rainforest, travelling up through Cape Tribulation where the forest meets the sea.
Visit historic frontier mining towns, picturesque rivers, swim in waterfalls and bask in the beauty of stunning isolated beaches.
Visit the Northern most tip of Australia and take an informative tour around Torres Strait inhabited Thursday Island.
Cape York is one of the most remote places to explore, with a land mass roughly the size of Britain. It has a population of around 15,000 with these gathered into just a few scattered communities.
This makes Cape York truly one of the worlds last frontiers. With the the Gulf of Carpentaria to the West and the Coral sea to the East, it is dominated by meandering rivers and vast floodplains which make this 4WD trip a once in a lifetime adventure.
- Cape Tribulation Bloomfield Track
- Lions Den Hotel
- Lakefield National Park
- Musgrave Telegraph Station
- Bramwell Station
- Fruit Bat Falls
- Seisia Cape York – Most Northern Tip of Australia
- Thursday Island
- Scenic Flight from Horn Island to Cairns
- Meals as Indicated
- Modern Air-Conditioned 25 Seat 4WD safari vehicles with comfortable forward facing seats.
- PA System, Portable satellite phone for your safety and peace of mind.
- All Tours as per Itinerary
- Flight Horn Island to Cairns
- 6 nights accommodation (ensuite)
What to Bring
- Casual gear is a must.
- You will need minimal changes of clothing.
- 4 to 5 Changes of clothes
- bath and hand towel
- Washing Powder
- a pair of rubber soled shoes or joggers,
- a warm jumper or jacket,
- insect repellent
- A track suit is most useful
- Photo ID
- Sun block
- Small personal water bottle
- Small day pack
- There will be plenty of time and opportunities to wash your clothes.
- LUGGAGE – Due to workplace health and safety regulations, luggage cannot exceed 10kg per person.
- 1 Soft bag per person, as described above.
- No suitcases with wheels, or hard body cases
- Airlines also have luggage restrictions of 1 piece per person policy.
- All fares include meals as per itinerary code – (B) Breakfast, (L) Lunch, (D) Dinner. Please check itineraries.
- Due to the nature of the trip, It is not recommended for your children.
- We are unable to guarantee exact arrival and departure times during the course of the tour.
- Smoking: As per Government Regulations, smoking is not permitted in the vehicles. Ample stops provide time for “smoking breaks” en route.
- Alcohol Restrictions: Alcohol restrictions are currently in place in some indigenous communities that you will visit. These restrictions may only affect part of your tour, depending on which tour you are doing. In 2004 the Queensland Parliament passed a Bill which improves enforcement of liquor laws in restricted areas but also minimised its potential impact on the tourism industry. Strict conditions apply for any permits granted to tour operations by the Liquor Licensing Division. Such permits specify the dates, type and amount of alcohol allowed in a tour vehicle which in the restricted area.
- Why? The aim of alcohol bans and restrictions in Cape York Aboriginal Communities is to reduce alcohol-related harm, especially to children, women and other vulnerable community members. This is being achieved through alcohol restrictions, improved services and partnerships between government and community, including support for positive community actions.
- The Operator reserves the right to alter the Itinerary and Location of Accommodation of necessitated
Day 1 – Cairns to Cooktown (LD)
Your Adventure is about to begin.
- Pick up from your accommodation to start your adventure!
- Scenic coastal drive up through the Daintree and Cape Tribulation, where the rainforest meets the reef .4WD the Jungle surrounding the Bloomfield Track (road conditions permitting).
- Enjoy a cold Beer (own cost) at the legendary Lion’s Den Hotel and admire the memorabilia and atmosphere.
- Visit the mysterious Black Mountain composed of gigantic tumbling granite boulders.
- Arrive at the old gold port supply town of Cooktown where you can visit Captain Cooks Landing and see where Endeavour almost perished after hitting the reef.
- Finish your day with the stunning scenic views of Grassy Hill lookout, before heading back to your accommodation in Cooktown (ensuite facilities)
Day 2 – Cooktown to Musgrave (BLD)
Today we get ready to start heading west into the Outback!
- Visit the legendary Battlecamp Range, one of the northernmost localities in Queensland.
- The old Laura Homestead an historic cattle station and Lakefield National Park (road conditions permitting).
- Drive through what was three working cattle stations that now is a haven for native wildlife.
- Pass tranquil lagoons, billabongs, wide river lakes that are home a wide range of birdlife, reptiles including fresh and salt water crocodiles.
- Afternoon arrival at Musgrave Telegraph Station, the only remaining station on the peninsula. (Share facilities).
Day 3: – Musgrave to Weipa (BLD)
- After a relaxing, leisurely morning it is time to start heading North to the historic frontier gold town of Coen. This was originally a small fort built by gold miners and prospectors.
- Take in the picturesque Archer River
- We then make our way to the bauxite-mining town of Weipa.
Day 4 – Weipa to Bramwell Station (BD)
- The morning is yours to choose, you may wish to take a tour of the Weipa Wildlife and Eco Cruise (own expense) or just laze by the pool.
- Heading off after lunch to continue the adventure, we head to “Bramwell Station” a true Aussie Cattle Station (Ensuite Facilities)
Day 5 Bramwell to Seisa (BLD)
- An early start today neading north travelling on party of the Old Telegraph track Lunch at Fruit bat Falls along with a relaxing swim.
- Soak it up and enjoy this enchanting waterfall in the unique area.
- Heading further north across the Jarding River and arriving in Cape York. Night at Seisia.
- Seisia is our base for the next few days. Accommodation is at the Seisia Holiday Park Cottages with Ensuite facilities
Day 6 – Cape York to Somerset (BLD)
Today will be unforgettable as you stand at the “Tip of Australia”
- A visit to somerset as long as the road conditions permit Lunch at Anchore Beach which overlooks the Albany Passage A walk on the beach completes your day before returning to Seisia.
Day 7 – Seisia to Thursday Island then Cairns (B)
- Your adventure is coming to an end, but not before we take a cruise through island studded straits to explore Thursday Island with an informative guided bus tour of the island and is’t picturesque harbour. Then is it time to head for Horn Island for your scenic flight back to Cairns.