White Water Rafting Cairns,
This White water rafting Cairns tour is a half-day action-packed on the Barron River. Pick up from your hotel is at approximately 2 pm returning you at 5 pm. For 2 hours of grade 3 rafting and loads of fun along the way. Cost from Cairns is $115 and from Port Douglas $135 there is also a $30 rafting levy which is to pay on the day of your tour.
The rafts carry up to seven people its a great activity to do with friends and family. The tour is fun and safe with spectacular scenery.
About the Barron River
The Barron River starts it way in the Atherton Tablelands and flows through Kuranda, cascading down the 260 metres of the spectacular Barron Falls.
White water rafting Cairns, Join us for this Half Day Rafting Barron River tour in the Barron Gorge National Park. This tour is only 20 minutes from the centre of Cairns (40 minutes ex–Port Douglas).
Barron Gorge National Park is known for its rugged rainforest mountains, steep ravines, the mighty Barron Falls. Barron Gorge has been carved out over thousands of years by the Barron River.
The rafts follows the flow of the river, as it snakes its way down from the mountains.
Enjoy this scenic rafting and rainforest adventure which combines calm water floating with a series of white water rapids for adventure and action.
White Water rafting cairns is a fantastic introduction to White Water Rafting. It’s fun, exciting and exhilarating, suitable for all the family. Enjoy up to two hours rafting, on up to grade 3 rapids.
Our rafts carry up to seven passengers plus your river guide. No experience necessary.
Let our guides entertain you on this spectacular river, offering guaranteed water levels year-round!
White Water rafting is a half-day tour if you want to add another half-day tour here are some great suggestions.
Grade 3 rapids down the Barron Gorge
- Depart Hotel approximately 2.00pm
- Barron River White Water Rafting
- Return Hotel approximately 5.30pm
- Return transfers from Cairns Accommodation (additional costs apply for transfers from Palm Cove & Port Douglas)
- 2 Hours White Water Rafting on rapids up to grade 3
- All Tuition
- Safety equipment
- River Guides (professional and certified),
- Stunning Rainforest and ravines of Barron Gorge National Park
Shoe Hire, Snacks & Souvenir Photos
- Your ticket
- Cash/credit card for optional extras and Pay onboard Levy
- A cap or sun visor able to be worn under your safety helmet
- Water-resistant 15 + sunscreen but do not apply to the back of your legs
- Swimming costume and towel. (you will need to have your swimming costume already on when you are picked up)
- Secured footwear is mandatory – lace-up shoes or sandals that will get wet (limited shoe hire available at an additional cost)
- Some money for photos and souvenirs
- Change of clothes
- We strongly recommend you bring an extra t-shirt or rash vest to wear under your life vest to prevent sunburn
- Enthusiasm for an Awesome day
This tour includes pick up from your Cairns accommodation or your Port Douglas accommodation.
Or for self-drivers, you can meet at 2:30 pm at 100 Lake Placid Road on the day of travel.
Minimum age to participate is 12 years