Cairns Zoom and Wildlife Dome
Cairns Zoom and Wildlife Dome is the world’s first adventure rope course in a wildlife park.
High above the Cairns Reef Hotel Casino is the magnificent all-weather wildlife dome.
The Cairns Zoom features a vast range of activities for the whole family, including high rope courses over moving logs, chairs and other ropes.
Not for the fainthearted, Cairns ZOOM is the worlds first adventure ropes course within a wildlife exhibit. Consisting of ziplines, and crossings amongst native fauna, at various heights and levels of difficulty.
Whether you’re looking to fill an hour or a whole day’s worth of fun, this Cairns attraction has something for the entire family to enjoy.
As an added extra this all takes place in the Cairns city zoo all enclosed in a 20-metre high glass dome. While you are braving the ropes course, cheeky cockatoo’s, parrots and other birds are flying freely around the dome.
Great photo opportunities
Have your photo taken on the Zipline or with some of our favourite zoo friends. If getting your photo with a koala is high on your must do’s the Cairns city zoo is a wonderful place to do that.
Fun Fun, Fun!
- Great fun for the whole family – encounter Australia’s wildlife, flora, and fauna up close!
- Choose your level of fun, depending on how many activities you would like to do (additional charges may apply depending on how many activities you choose to do).
- Zip Line over our 4-meter crocodile!
- Mid Zoom adventure – is an easier level of difficulty, suitable for initial training.
- Hi-Zoom adventure – a series of complex crossings and ziplines including a zipline over our 4-meter crocodile!
- Power jump is a free fall adventure from a 13-meter high tower.
- Dome Climb – one of the best ways to see Cairns City, this easy walk around the outside of the Cairns Dome showcases spectacular views of the surrounding land and seascapes. Available for all abilities
- Daily shows including koala feeding, python presentation, saltwater croc talk, Australian mammal talk, and bird feeding tour
- Professional photography with koalas, snakes, and crocodiles available
- Souvenir gift shop
During the day the staff at the Cairns Wildlife Dome host guided walks and animal presentations.
Cairns Dome Show Timetable
- 10:00 Morning Rainforest Bird Feeding Tour
- 11:00 Reptile Show – Pythons, crocodiles, and lizards
- 13:00 Koala Talk
- 14:00 Reptile Show – Pythons, crocodiles, and lizards
- 15:00 Estuarine Crocodile Talk
- 16:00 Afternoon Feeding tour
- 17:00 Nocturnal Mammals
Koala Photo Times
- 9:30a – 10:30am – 11:30 – 12:30pm – 13:30pm – 14:30pm – 15:30pm – 16:30pm – 17:15
How to get there
Centrally located at the Top of the Cairns Reef Casino, Cairns Zoom’s entrance from either via Wharf Street or Abbott Street in the Cairns city. Follow the signs through the casino and then take the elevator to the top for a whole lot of fun.
- Children must be over 120cms tall and less than 120kg for easier activities and over 140cms tall and less than 120kg for more challenging activities.