Top Deck Club on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
Top Deck Club is the best VIP reef tour, departing daily from Cairns at 8 am. This tour comes with a valet to make sure you have a fantastic day on the reef. Top Deck Club members have an exclusive area, in the Wheelhouse. The all-inclusive tour includes scuba diving and snorkelling.
Enjoy a more personalised, private, and relaxed day and journey in style in the exclusive Captain’s Wheelhouse Top Deck Club Lounge.
This VIP Day tour includes a Valet to take care of you in and out of the water.
Your valet will serve you a delicious breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea throughout the day.
On the way to the Great Barrier Reef, your valet will organise all your equipment while you sit back and relax.
On the way to the reef our marine biologist will do a fun, informative talk about the reef.
During our day we will be visiting two spectacular outer barrier reef locations. At each location there will be time to scuba dive and snorkel.
At our first location, we also offer a glass-bottom boat tour with commentary.
While on the reef discover the natural wonders with a personalised snorkel tour and guided introductory or certified scuba dive.
* (Medical conditions apply for scuba activities – see ‘Important Information for scuba divers’ below).
A minimum of 2 passengers is required to book this Top Deck Club Great Barrier Reef VIP Tour onboard Reef Experience.
Other things to do in Cairns
- Exclusive area of the boat
- scuba diving
- glass bottom boat
- 07:30 – Board Reef Experience boat at the Cairns Marina ‘A-Finger’ for check-in
- 08:00 – Approximate departure & Safety Talk with snorkel briefing
- 08:30 – Marine Biology presentation, followed by detailed scuba dive briefing for those participating
- 09:30 – Arrive at our first spectacular reef site, snorkel & dive with thousands of vivid tropical fish, giant clams plus more
- 10:30 – Glass Bottom Boat Tour (approximately 20 minute tour)
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:00 – Cruise to our second location to explore forests of coral, large sea fans & black coral trees in it’s shallow lagoons
- 15:00 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 15:30 – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese & biscuits
- 16:30 – Arrive back in Cairns
- A personal valet/guide both onboard and in the water. Your crew member ensures your trip flows the way you want it to and assigned to you for the entire day.
- Private guided snorkel tours and scuba dive tours for that extra in-water care and attention
- Reserved VIP Seating. You will have your very own table and seats in the Captain’s wheelhouse for the entirety of your trip.
- Skip the queues. You won’t wait in line for check-in, meals or collecting equipment.
- Dine-in style! Enjoy your fresh, chef-prepared meals delivered to your table. A special lunch menu, plunger tea and coffee and a cheese & fruit platter & complimentary sparkling wine on the return journey. (All dietary requirements catered for – please advise upon booking)
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
- Unlimited Snorkelling at morning and afternoon reef locations
- scuba dive or introductory scuba dive
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour – combined with other passengers (weather permitting)
- Pick up and Return to Cairns City Accommodation
- Marine Biology Presentation – combined with other passengers
- Large Sun Deck with padded loungers
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc.
- Great Barrier Reef souvenirs – T-shirts, hats etc
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns Business Area
- Second Scuba Dive at our beautiful afternoon reef location
- Cash and/or credit card for purchases
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat, Sunglasses,
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver
Reef Experience departs from
Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger’ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in, directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience’
Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30 pm
Where Can I Park?
There are a number of parking stations throughout Cairns close to the Marina. Click here to see where
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
We recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking. Some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are delighted to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple scuba dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your scuba dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.