Skyrail Cairns to Kuranda the Village in the Rainforest
Skyrail Cairns located 20 minutes north of Cairns. The Skyrail spans between the towns of Caravonica and Kuranda. While you are in Kurnda visit the Kuranda Markets and many attractions. A one-way journey takes around one and a half hours. Including time to enjoy the two stops along the way Red Peak and Barron Falls.
The first departure is at 9:30 am with the last trip departing Kuranda at 3:15 pm.
Cairns Skyrail is the perfect way to see the rainforest.
Not only beautiful but sustainable too! Skyrail Cairns is an excellent example of ecotourism. Specifically engineered to take in breathtaking views.
During your ride on the Skyrail, the gondola will take you high above the canopy.
Stop off at not one but two different stations to explore the rainforest from the ground.
Red Peak Station provides a beautiful walk along a boardwalk through the trees. Barron Falls Station provides a spectacular view of the famous Barron River Waterfalls.
Barron River Falls
One of Queensland best Icons is the Barron Falls is a steep cascading waterfall on the Barron River in Queensland Australia. The Skyrail stops at the Barron Falls for guests to view the falls which are excellent during the wet season.
Red Peak Station
Next take a walk along the boardwalk through the rainforest. The rainforest is home to climbing palms, rare birds and butterflies and lush fern gardens. Enjoy the scenic lookout in the Rainforest Discovery zone.
While you are visiting Kuranda browse the local markets. Featuring two market locations the original Kuranda Rainforest Market and the Heritage Markets. The markets feature art, leather goods, woodwork, and opal jewellery. The original Kuranda Rainforest Markets have been operating since 1978.
- When approaching the first rainforest mid-station Red Peak, your gondola will descend through the canopy layers and take you deep in the forest
- Red Peak Station is 545 metres above sea level our 175-metre boardwalk for provides a wonderful opportunity to explore the rainforest from ground level
- Take a complimentary guided boardwalk tour and find out about our fascinating eco-system.
- Barron Falls station will provide you with an awesome view of the majestic Barron Falls
- Learn about the rainforest at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
- A one way Skyrail experience will take approximately 90 minutes to complete so for our return service you should allow at least 2 1/2 hours. Why not spend some time in Kuranda ‘The Village in the Rainforest’ – allow at least another hour or so for a wander.
- Return Skyrail Experience, departing from Smithfield or Kuranda.
- Tour Includes return transfers from Cairns City Accommodation.
- Stops in all above-listed stations
- The Cairns Skyrail is open every day except for Christmas Day
Have an even better experience!
For a spectacular view upgrade to our unique glass floor gondola allowing our guests a unique perspective of the treetops and the forest floor below. Diamond view gondolas carry a maximum of 5 passengers and depart stations approximately every 7 minutes.