Skyrail Cairns gives you a truly unique perspective of the rainforest. As you glide above the pristine canopy, your view is completely unrestricted.
It is the most environmentally sensitive way to visit the rainforest!
Discover an ancient rainforest
You will be able to immerse yourself in the sights, sounds, smells and tranquillity of the oldest rainforest on the planet. Daintree Wet Tropics rainforest remains unchanged for over 130 million years and is, therefore, one of the most botanically fascinating.
Red Peak Station provides a beautiful walk along a boardwalk through the rainforest. Allow about 20 minutes and encounter lush ferns, palms, butterflies birds and giant rainforest trees.
After that, stop at Barron Falls Station, which provides a spectacular view of the famous Barron River Waterfall. Explore the rugged beauty and learn about the pioneering history in the Historical Precinct. Then test your nerves and walk the glass boardwalk of The Edge lookout.
Meanwhile, make sure you download the Skyrail app to your phone before departing. As a result, you will have access to expert commentary as you glide through the canopy.
Perfect for those staying on the Atherton Tablelands. It is a self-drive option, departing from Kuranda.
Other things to do in Kuranda
- A one way Skyrail experience will take approximately 90 minutes to complete so for our return service you should allow at least 2 1/2 hours.
- Arrive 15 minutes before departure at either Smithfield or Kuranda terminals
- Barron Falls station will provide you with an awesome view of the majestic Barron Falls
- Take a complimentary guided boardwalk tour and find out about our fascinating eco-system.
- Learn about the rainforest at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
- Red Peak Station is 545 metres above sea level our 175-metre boardwalk for provides a wonderful opportunity to explore the rainforest from ground level.
- When approaching the first rainforest mid-station Red Peak, your gondola will descend through the canopy layers and take you deep in the forest.
Have an even better experience!
For a spectacular view upgrade to our unique glass floor gondola allowing our guests a unique perspective of the treetops and the forest floor below. Diamond view gondolas carry a maximum of 5 passengers and depart stations approximately every 7 minutes.
- COVID 19 – Skyrail Rainforest Cableway will send a pre-screening health questionnaire email to you the day prior to travel.
This must be completed prior to boarding bus transfers / travel. Should any guest not meet the pre-screening health questionnaire requirements, identify health concerns, display symptoms, or indicate contrary questionnaire responses, that guest (and immediate members of the same booking) may not be permitted to travel.
- Gondolas depart continuously throughout the day and bookings are made in 15 minute intervals.
The first departure is at 9:30am, the last round trip experience departs at 2:15pm from Smithfield or Kuranda and the last one-way experience departs Kuranda at 3:15pm.
Please leave us a booking message with your desired departure and return times. Keep in mind, including the 2 stops along the way, a one-way journey will take approx 1.5 hours.