Explore the Great Barrier Reef with Great Adventures Cairns
- Departing daily from Cairns at 10:30 am,
- First check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal at 10:00 a.m.
- This Reef tour arrives back at the Cairns Marina at 5:30 p.m.
- During the day, there are a host of activities to enjoy.
Embark on a captivating adventure into the mesmerising world of the Outer Great Barrier Reef with Great Adventures Cairns. Our stable reef activity platform is the perfect hub for swimmers and non-swimmers to discover this natural wonder. Whether you’re into snorkelling, scuba diving, underwater observatory exploration, or simply relaxing on the sundeck with a delectable buffet lunch, we have something extraordinary in store for you.
Why Choose Great Adventures Cairns
🐠 Snorkeling Delight
Snorkelling is a fantastic way to immerse yourself in the vibrant marine life around the Great Adventures activity platform. Your tour includes snorkel gear, and our friendly crew ensures you’re well-prepared for an unforgettable experience. Safety is our priority.
🤿 Guided Snorkel Tours
For a deeper snorkelling experience, join our guided snorkel tour led by knowledgeable guides. Perfect for beginners and families, this tour allows you to explore the reef’s wonders with expert guidance.
🚁Elevate Your Great Adventures Experience with Helicopter Flights
Take your Great Adventures Cairns experience to new heights—literally! Our exhilarating helicopter flights provide a bird’s-eye view of the stunning wonders of the Great Barrier Reef and its surrounding landscapes.
📸 Photographic Opportunities: Capture stunning aerial photographs and videos to cherish your memories forever. Our helicopters provide fantastic vantage points for photographers and nature enthusiasts.
🚤 Semi-Submarine Adventure
Discover the reef’s vibrant beauty from the comfort of our air-conditioned semi-submersible. With wide viewing windows and informative commentary from our friendly crew, you’ll witness the incredible marine life below the surface.
🔍 Underwater Observatory
Dive into the underwater world at our observatory—marvel at corals, giant clams, and a kaleidoscope of colourful fish. Explore at your own pace or join an eco-reef talk with our marine naturalist.
🤿 Scuba Diving Thrills
Our dive team believes scuba diving is the ultimate way to experience the Great Barrier Reef. From first-timers to experienced divers, we have the perfect dive sites.
🤿 Introductory Diving
Our supervised introductory dives are a fantastic option if you’re new to diving. No experience is necessary, and Great Adventures professional PADI instructors ensure your dive is safe and enjoyable.
🤿 Certified Diving
Certified divers can explore the reef’s wonders with our experienced dive guides. We provide all the equipment you need for a memorable underwater adventure.
Unleash Your Inner Adventurer with Scuba Doo at Great Adventures Cairns
Prepare for a unique and thrilling underwater adventure that’s exclusive to Great Adventures’ platform on the Great Barrier Reef. Scuba Doo allows you to cruise the reef on your very own underwater scooter, making it the only place in Australia where you can experience this exhilarating activity.
🌊 Diverse Dive Sites
Explore incredible dive sites like Secret Gardens, Turtle Sanctuary, Pontoon, and First Bommie at our Norman Reef platform. We choose sites based on the day’s conditions for the best experience.
Safety is paramount, and we take all necessary precautions to ensure your well-being during our activities. Join us at Great Adventures Cairns for an unforgettable journey into one of the world’s natural wonders—the Great Barrier Reef! 🐟🌊🏝️ #GreatAdventuresCairns #GreatBarrierReef #UnderwaterAdventure
- Underwater Observatory
- Scenic helicopter flights
- Scuba doo
Cairns Great Barrier Reef tour itinerary
- 9.30 am First check-in at Great Adventures Reservations Counter inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal.
- 10:10 am Next, board the vessel.
- Complimentary morning tea/coffee served.
- 10:30 am Journey to the Outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon.
- 11:20 am During the day, watch the Reef Presentation shown on the vessel’s monitors.
- Snorkelling demonstration by the crew.
- 12:30 pm Arrive at the Outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon.
- 1:00-2:30 pm Time for hot and cold buffet lunch.
- Enjoy more reef activities or relax on the sundeck and take in the views!
- Tea and coffee are available while at the platform.
- 3:45 pm Departure to Cairns via Green Island.
- Complimentary cheese and biscuits served on the homeward journey.
- 5:30 pm Arrive at Marlin Marina, Cairns.
Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
Cake selection served for morning tea
Three (3) hours at Outer Reef Activity Platform
Use of buoyancy vests & lycra/stinger suits
Reef education presentation
Hot and cold buffet lunch with fresh prawns
Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
Guided Eco Reef Talk in the underwater observatory
Afternoon tea and coffee available whilst at the platform
Cheese and crackers served on the return journey.
What to Bring:
– Hat and shirt for sun protection. We recommend marine-friendly sunscreen.
– Swimwear and towel.
– Professional photo service on board (additional cost).
– Cash or credit card for option activities or onboard purchases.
- Swimming costume, beach towel and also sunglasses.
- Hat, sunscreen and comfortable shoes.
- Money for drinks and souvenirs as well as optional activities.
- A smile and a sense of adventure!
Great Barrier Reef Pontoon Cairns check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Cairns, at 9:45 a.m.
Where can I park?
Important Scuba Diving Information for Cairns Great Barrier Reef tour
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia, has some of the world’s strictest scuba diving rules and the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
Would you like to try scuba diving?
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking, as some medical conditions, age, and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please get in touch with our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected],
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after diving. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible