Great Adventures Cairns ‘Great Barrier Reef platform
Great Adventures Cairns owns this Great Barrier Reef pontoon and is part of the Quicksilver company. This company are a multi-award winner for Great Barrier Reef tours.
Both swimmers and non-swimmers will enjoy this Great Barrier Reef pontoon. This tour includes an activity Reef platform, an underwater observatory, and a semi-submersible tour.
About the Great Barrier Reef
The Great Barrier Reef has over 2,500 individual reefs, over 900 islands, and cays.
Australia’s Great Barrier Reef represents an enormous diversity of animals.
This Reef is the World’s most extensive coral Reef system. With an average depth of 35 metres and between 60 and 250 kilometres in width.
The Great Barrier Reef is world-famous as the most significant living thing, with stunning marine life and coral.
This Reef is home to over 1500 species of fish and over 400 species of Coral.
Almost the entire Great Barrier Reef is on the UNESCO World Heritage list as a globally outstanding and significant entity.
About the Great Barrier Reef pontoon, Cairns.
- Departing daily from Cairns at 10:30 am,
- First check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal at 10:00 am.
- This Reef tour arrives back at the Cairns Marina at 5:30 pm.
- During the day, there is a host of activities to enjoy.
First, relax as the Great Adventures Cairns tour the outer barrier Reef.
Then choose the best options to experience the Great Barrier Reef during this day tour.
Snorkelling and scuba diving are both excellent ways to see the Reef. Semi-submersible tours and an underwater observatory are also available for those who wish to remain dry.
Next, experience a fantastic helicopter flight over the Reef. This activity is an optional extra.
Lunch and refreshments
- Morning Tea and coffee
- Cake selection.
- Hot and cold buffet lunch.
- Afternoon tea and coffee while at the platform
- Then cheese and biscuits on the return journey.
Something For Everyone
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour.
- Informative commentary departs every 30 minutes or as advised.
- Snorkel directly from the platform. View the spectacular coral gardens.
- Turtles and colourful tropical fish are here in abundance!
- View coral and marine life from the Underwater observatory.
- Next, enjoy Guided Eco Reef Talk in the underwater observatory.
See more fun things to do in Cairns.
- Underwater Observatory
- Scenic helicopter flights
- Scuba doo
Cairns Great Barrier Reef tour itinerary
- 9.30 am First check-in at Great Adventures Reservations Counter inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal.
- 10:10 am Next, board the vessel.
- Complimentary morning tea/coffee served.
- 10:30 am Journey to the Outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon.
- 11:20 am During the day, watch the Reef Presentation shown on the vessel’s monitors.
- Snorkelling demonstration by the crew.
- 12:30 pm Arrive at the Outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon.
- 1:00-2:30 pm Time for hot and cold buffet lunch.
- Enjoy more reef activities or relax on the sundeck and take in the views!
- Tea and coffee are available while at the platform.
- 3:45 pm Departure to Cairns via Green Island.
- Complimentary cheese and biscuits served on the homeward journey.
- 5:30 pm Arrive at Marlin Marina, Cairns.
Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
Cake selection served for morning tea
Three (3) hours at Outer Reef Activity Platform
Use of buoyancy vests & lycra/stinger suits
Reef education presentation
Hot and cold buffet lunch with fresh prawns
Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
Guided Eco Reef Talk in the underwater observatory
Afternoon tea and coffee available whilst at the platform
Cheese and crackers served on the return journey.
What to Bring:
– Hat and shirt for sun protection. We recommend marine-friendly sunscreen.
– Swimwear and towel.
– Professional photo service on board (additional cost).
– Cash or credit card for option activities or onboard purchases.
- Swimming costume, beach towel and also sunglasses.
- Hat, sunscreen and comfortable shoes.
- Money for drinks and souvenirs as well as optional activities.
- A smile and a sense of adventure!
Great Barrier Reef Pontoon Cairns check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Cairns from 09:45 am.
Where Can I Park?
There are several parking stations throughout Cairns in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where
Important Scuba Diving Information for Cairns Great Barrier Reef tour
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia, has some of the world’s strictest scuba diving rules and the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
Would you like to try scuba diving?
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking, as some medical conditions, age, and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please get in touch with our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected],
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after diving. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible