Cairns Sailing to Michaelmas Cay
Glide along the Coral Sea on a 32-metre sailing catamaran. Cairns Sailing offers a relaxing day. You will be sailing and snorkelling the world-famous Great Barrier Reef.
After the 90-minute sail trip, you will arrive at the unique Michaelmas Cay. This picturesque sand island is rich in historical and environmental significance. Michaelmas Cay is at the tip of Michaelmas Reef. You will see the coral and marine life thriving here.
You can enjoy the reef on many different levels. Choose from snorkelling, scuba diving or the semi-submersible coral viewing tour. Ocean Spirit has options for all levels of swimming experience so everyone can enjoy the Great Barrier Reef.
Your Adventure Begins
07:30 – Check-in at Ocean Spirit’s counter in the Reef Fleet Terminal
08:00 – Boarding commences. Morning tea with muffin and focaccia served.
After that, it’s time to get underway!
08:30 – Depart Cairns
09:00 – Reef Brief, safety, and snorkel demonstration
09:30 – Marine Biologist slide show presentation
10:00 – Dive brief for introductory divers
10:30 – Arrive at Michaelmas Cay. Reef activities commence:
- Fish feeding presentation
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour
- Introductory scuba diving. (Dive sessions are 11:00am, 12:15pm, 1:30pm)
Noon – Buffet lunch onboard
13:00 – Continue Reef activities
14:30 – Afternoon Tea onboard
15:30 – Commence sailing back to Cairns. Enjoy complimentary sparkling wine along with cheese and crackers.
17:00 – Arrive back in Cairns
- Return Ocean Spirit cruise from Cairns.
- 5 hours experience with 4 hours on the Reef.
- Morning and afternoon teas.
- Hot and cold buffet lunch including fresh prawns.
- Fish feeding presentation on arrival
- Snorkelling equipment, Lycra suits and Buoyancy vests.
- Marine Biologist presentation.
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary.
- A glass of complimentary sparkling wine is served on the homeward journey, along with cheese and crackers.
- Guided Snorkel Tour
- Introductory and Certified Diving (Medical Conditions Apply)
- Your camera and also Go Pro
- Swimming costume, towel in addition to a hat and sunscreen
- Cash or credit card for onboard purchases, souvenirs or optional activities
Safety Comes First!
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world. It also has the safest scuba diving record. The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us, and we comply with all regulations.
We recommend that our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected]etaways.com.au
Or you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.