Lizard Island Tour escape to Paradise.
Lizard Island is a spectacular secluded island in North Queensland. The island is surrounded by pristine beaches with crystal clear turquoise waters.
On Lizard Island is a top-end exclusive accommodation aimed at the rich and famous.
This tour allows all of us to be able to spend a day on this unique destination for a fraction of the price of a stay.
Lizard Island a granite island is approximately 10 square kilometres, with three smaller islands nearby. Together these islands form the Lizard Island Group and their well-developed fringing reef teeming with marine life encircles the 10-metre deep blue lagoon.
Lizard Island is one of three Islands making up the Lizard Island Group; the other two islands are Palfrey Island and South Island.
The Island Group are part of the Lizard Island National Park located on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Two hundred fifty-three kilometres Northwest of Cairns.
On the Island live 40 species of land and sea birds, 11 species of Lizards, pythons, tree snakes, geckos and skinks.
24 beautiful private beaches with fringing reefs with brightly coloured marine life surrounds the Island Group.
The local Aboriginal people call this island Jiigurru.
Operated by the Australian Museum, Lizard Island’s research centre has been attracting the World’s top Marine Biologists for the past 30 years.
About this Tour
Starting with complimentary transfers from your accommodation to the airport. Next a low-level scenic flight from Cairns heading north.
The 132 nautical mile flight, flies, low over the Great Barrier Reef with everyone on board in a window seat.
When you arrive on the Island, you will have six full hours to explore this pristine National Park. Next, you can go for a swim in the pristine waters, and then go on a bushwalk tp Chinaman’s Ridge or Cook’s lookout.
This day tour includes a spectacular scenic flight over the World Heritage Great Barrier Reef, National and Marine Park Permits, lunch, snacks, drinks snorkel gear and safety gear,
See our other tours
- With 23 white sandy beaches, undisturbed but for the occasional footprints, Lizard Island is considered to be one of Australia’s most exclusive destinations.
- It retains a certain mystique due to it’s a remote location.
- When you arrive at Lizard Island, the day is yours to do as you wish. You can choose to relax alone on a secluded beach.
- Enjoy the company of a small group on a guided tour. Snorkel the world-famous Clam Garden or take a walk to the “Blue Lagoon”.
- The choice is yours!
- 0700 – Hotel bus transfers from your Cairns City Accommodation
- 0800 – Depart Cairns
- 0900 – Arrive
- 1000 – Morning Tea
- 1030 – 1200 – Free time
- 1200 – Lunch
- 1230 – 1400 – Free time
- 1400 – Afternoon Tea
- 1430 – 1545 – Free time
- 1600 – Depart Lizard Island
- 1700 – Arrive back to Cairns
- 1730 – Transfer bus back to your Cairns City accommodation
- Return scenic flights
- Hotel transfers
- Local guide National and Marine Park permits & insurance.
- Lunch Snacks
- Snorkel gear & safety gear
- Sun protection
- Bottle of water &
- a dry change of clothes