Lizard Island tour escape to Paradise.
Lizard Island is a spectacular secluded island in North Queensland. Pristine beaches with crystal-clear turquoise waters surround this Island.
Queensland’s Lizard Island is a top-end exclusive accommodation for the rich and famous.
Lizard Island, a granite island, is approximately 10 square kilometres, with three smaller islands nearby. Together these islands form the Lizard Island Group, and their well-developed fringing Reef teeming with marine life encircles the 10-metre deep blue lagoon.
Lizard Island is one of three Islands making up the Lizard Island Group; the other islands are Palfrey Island and South Island.
The Island Group is part of the Lizard Island National Park on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Two hundred fifty-three kilometres Northwest of Cairns.
On the Island live 40 species of land and sea birds, 11 species of Lizards, pythons, tree snakes, geckos and skinks.
Twenty-four beautiful private beaches with fringing reefs with brightly coloured marine life surround the Island Group.
The local Aboriginal people call this Island Jiigurru.
The Australian Museum, Lizard Island’s research centre, has been attracting the World’s top Marine Biologists for the past 30 years.
About this tour
You are starting with complimentary transfers from your accommodation to the airport—next, a low-level scenic flight from Cairns heading north.
The 132-nautical mile flight flies low over the Great Barrier Reef with everyone on board in a window seat.
When you arrive on the Island, you will have six full hours to explore this pristine National Park. Next, you can swim in the pristine waters and then go on a bushwalk to Chinaman’s Ridge or Cook’s lookout.
This day tour includes a spectacular scenic flight over the World Heritage Great Barrier Reef, National and Marine Park Permits, lunch, snacks, drinks, snorkel gear and safety gear,
Next, see more of the best of Cairns tours.
- Having 23 white sandy beaches, undisturbed, Lizard Island is considered one of Australia’s most exclusive destinations for the occasional footprints.
- It retains a certain mystique due to its remote location.
- When you arrive on the day, it is yours to do as you wish. You can choose to relax alone on a secluded beach.
- Enjoy the company of a small group on a guided tour. Snorkel the world-famous Clam Garden or take a walk to the “Blue Lagoon”.
- The choice is yours!
- 0700 – Hotel bus transfers from your Cairns City Accommodation
- 0800 – Depart Cairns
- 0900 – Arrive
- 1000 – Morning Tea
- 1030 – 1200 – Free time
- 1200 – Lunch
- 1230 – 1400 – Free time
- 1400 – Afternoon Tea
- 1430 – 1545 – Free time
- 1600 – Depart
- 1700 – Arrive back to Cairns
- 1730 – Transfer bus back to your Cairns City accommodation
- Return scenic flights via Great Barrier Reef and the World Heritage Daintree Rainforest
- Hotel transfers
- Local guide National and Marine Park permits and insurance
- Lunch Snacks
- Snorkel gear and safety gear
- Sun protection
- Bottle of water
- a dry change of clothes
How do you get to Lizard Island?
Daintree Air operates scenic flights taking you from Cairns directly to Lizard Island.
The flight is 132 nautical miles from Cairns.
For your safety and comfort
Transfers to Lizard Island are conducted on a fully airconditioned multi-engine aircraft. This aircraft is capable of flying in all types of weather conditions.
Guests are provided with floatation devices and stinger suits free of charge for use on this tour.
This tour departs on demand and is subject to minimum numbers, weather, Terms and Conditions.