Daintree Dreaming- Traditional Aboriginal Fishing Day Tour
On this fun, exclusive day tour allows you to join a real Aboriginal cultural experience like identifying plants used for bush medicines, traditional fishing and learn gathering techniques in the search for mud crabs, mussels & small fish.
You will experience a traditional smoking ceremony and a guided walk through at Mossman George. Immerse yourself in the lush rainforest of the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest.
To have another Aboriginal cultural adventure, click HERE!
Pick-ups will start at 7.15 am from Cairns City, 8.00 am from Northern Beaches, and from 9.00 am from Port Douglas
Traditional Aboriginal Fishing
- Travel in air-conditioned comfort with our experienced driver-guide.
- Mossman Gorge:
- Experience a traditional smoking ceremony by Aboriginal hosts.
- Guided interpretive walk in Manjal Dimbi (Mossman Gorge) rainforest, one of the world’s oldest.
- Explore boardwalks, tracks, and bridges while learning about the Kuku Yalanji people.
- Lunch: Delight in a delicious meal at Mossman Gorge Cultural Centre.
- Kuyu Kuyu (Cooya Beach):
- Visit the traditional fishing grounds of the Kuku Yalanji people.
- Join the Kurbirri Warra clan on their daily journey through diverse ecosystems.
- Learn traditional fishing and gathering techniques passed down through generations.
- 1530 – You will depart Mossman Gorge and head back down the coastal road to Cairns where your tour will finish.
- * Please note tour can operate in reverse depending on tide times.
- Return Transfers from Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port
- Professional driver/guide
- Welcome to Country – traditional smoking ceremony
- Driver-guided rainforest walk at Mossman Gorge OR upgrade to the Ngadiku Dreamtime Walk
- Lunch at Mossman Gorge Cultural Centre
- 2-hour coast and cultural walk with a Kubirri Warra clan
member at Kuyu Kuyu (Cooya Beach)
- Homemade damper
Options available to upgrade your tour at Mossman Gorge to include the Ngadiku Dreamtime Walk at Mossman Gorge, as you absorb the legends shared by your Indigenous guide sip delicious Billy-tea, and enjoy damper scones.
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Towel, swimming clothes
- Bottle of water