Daintree Rainforest tour visits Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation.
This Daintree Rainforest tour delves into the oldest living rainforest worldwide, offering an array of luxurious inclusions. Moreover, the Daintree Rainforest, estimated to be 135 million years old, presents a remarkable opportunity for you to explore.
As you venture forth, you will have the chance to unveil the Daintree Rainforest, renowned as a paramount botanical gem on the global stage.
The Journey Begins
To start, this day tour takes you from Cairns to Cape Tribulation. First, travel along one of the most scenic coastal roads in Australia.
Then, a quick visit through the chic seaside town of Port Douglas. During the Port Douglas stop, take in the views of Four Mile Beach from Flagstaff Hill lookout.
After Port Douglas, enjoy a guided walk and a refreshing swim at Mossman Gorge.
During this tour, you will stop at fantastic lookouts with great photo opportunities.
Later, hop aboard the Daintree River cruise along the way, spot crocodiles, lizards and birdlife.
Then we will continue on our way through the Daintree National Park, to Cape Tribulation.
Finally, enjoy a guided rainforest botanical walk and the views from Kulki Lookout.
Ultimately, click the link to combine this tour with our Great Barrier Reef stay.
More fun things to do in Cairns
- Stunning coastal drive
- Mossman Gorge
- Daintree River Cruise
- Cape Tribulation Beach
Daintree Rainforest Itinerary
- 7.00 – 7.30 am Pickup from your Cairns Accommodation
- Scenic drive along the Great Barrier Reef Drive to Port Douglas
- Then, stop at Rex Lookout for stunning views of the Coral Sea
- Cruise to Port Douglas, picking up additional guests
- Next, visit Flagstaff Hill for views overlooking 4 Mile Beach
- Refreshment break at Mossman Gorge with local tea, coffee, or cold drinks
- Explore Mossman Gorge and its rainforest paradise
- Guided walk and optional swim in the cool, clear waters of Mossman River (weather and time permitting)
- Enjoy a quality restaurant lunch with meal options
- 1-hour cruise on the Daintree River, keeping an eye out for crocodiles and wildlife
- Cross the Daintree River Cable Crossing into the ancient Daintree Rainforest
- Panoramic views from Alexandra lookout over the Daintree River, and Coral Sea
- Then, enjoy a guided botanical walk beneath the ancient rainforest trees
- Visit Kulki Lookout at Cape Tribulation, where the rainforest meets the reef
- Stop at a local Daintree Ice-Cream Company to purchase tropical ice-cream (own expense)
- Finally, return to Port Douglas by around 5.30 pm or Cairns and the northern beaches slightly later
(Itinerary is subject to change due to weather, operational or unforeseen issues)
- Full Interpretation and commentary by naturalist guides.
- Port Douglas. Flagstaff Hill lookout with views over 4 Mile Beach.
- Mossman Gorge. Guided walk and swim in the cool waters of Mossman River.
- Morning Tea & Lunch. Choice of meals at lunch.
- Daintree River Cruise. 1-hour cruise.
- Daintree River Cable Crossing. Both ways.
- Alexandra Lookout. Amazing photo opportunity.
- Daintree Rainforest. Oldest surviving tropical rainforest on earth.
- Botanical Walk. Through the Daintree Rainforest.
- Cape Tribulation Beach and Lookout. Where Reef meets the rainforest.
- Attractions and all national park fees and permits as per itinerary.
- Small Group Touring in comfortable, late model, air-conditioned vehicles.
- Swimmers and Towel if you wish to Swim at Mossman Gorge (subject to conditions on the day)
- Lightweight clothing
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Hat and Sunscreen
- Cash for The Daintree Ice Cream Factory
- Bottle of water topped up throughout the day
This Daintree Rainforest Tour picks up from accommodations in Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas.
Helpful information about this Daintree Rainforest Tour
- This tour does depend on minimum passenger numbers to operate.
- We will advise if the passenger numbers are below the threshold and will monitor and re-confirm passenger numbers are confirmed.
- Please ensure you call to re-confirm your tour 48 hours before departure. If the time cannot operate, we will offer alternative travel dates or work with you to find an alternative tour.
- Please note seasonal weather conditions and operational requirements may cause a variation in the tour itinerary.
- Children’s prices are for ages 4-14 years.
- This tour is not suitable for children under four years.