Cairns Helicopter tours
This Cairns helicopter tour has choices allowing you to choose the options that suit you best.
- Duration – Choose from 30, 45 and 60 minutes Cairns helicopter tours
- 30-minute scenic Great Barrier Reef flight
- 45 minutes Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest
- 60-minute Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest tour
- Add Vlasoff Sand Cay touchdown for the perfect extra.
Cairns Helicopter tours
Tick this one off the bucket list! A must-do when visiting this beautiful region. This Great Barrier Reef helicopter tour will have you experiencing the magic of the Great Barrier Reef in style. You can not miss this incredible Scenic Helicopter Flight.
Let the adventure begin.
Start soaring over the many beautiful blue shades of the Great Barrier Reef. Experience the world’s most extensive living coral system. This 30 Minute Scenic Reef Helicopter Flight is unforgettable! From the air with a bird’s eye view, discover why people travel worldwide to see the Great Barrier Reef.
Take in the scenery of Green Island and Upolu Sandy Cay. In addition to these picture-perfect views, marine life sightings are uncommon in winter. You may spot turtles, manta rays, and even humpback whales!
Cairns is known as the “Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef” Seeing it from the air is a fantastic experience. The Great Barrier Reef is one of the World’s Natural Wonders, boasting 2800 individual reefs. This Great Barrier Reef Helicopter tour gives clients a fantastic view of the GBR.
Next, explore more fun things to do in Cairns.
The best parts of your Cairns helicopter tours:
- Bird’s eye view of the Great Barrier Reef
- Green Island
- Arlington Reef
- Double Island
- Barron River National Park
- Kuranda Village
- Barron Falls
- Check-in at the flight office.
- Join the safety briefing and don your life jacket.
- Follow your guide to the Helipad and get ready for lift-off!
- Enjoy your 30, 45, or 60 Minute Scenic Flight over the Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest.
- Return back to the helipad.
Included with your Cairns helicopter tours
- Scenic Flight – Your choice of 30, 45 or 60 Minutes.
- Head-sets fitted with voice-activated microphones
- In-flight commentary
- Modern Fleet of air-conditioned helicopters
- Return Transfers from your Hotel*
*Some hotels are within walking distance of the Heli-pad. Please check at the time of booking.
Touchdown on Vlasoff Cay!
Upgrade your Scenic Flight over the Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest to include a 20-minute landing on Vlasoff Cay. A perfect option to snap a stunning holiday selfie!
This upgrade can be added on at check-in and you pay for it after your flight. Vlasoff Cay is open to the general public. In the event that there are already guests on it when we fly over, unfortunately we won’t be able to land.
What will I need to bring?
- Sunglasses – Polarized are the best!
- Your Camera
- A Bottle of water
You can bring your items in a soft-sided bag that does not exceed 10kg.
This Cairns Helicopter tours include courtesy transfers from your accommodation.
However, the check-in office may be a short walk away if you stay near the helipad. You can find the Check-in office at Marina Point, 2 Pier Point Rd.
The important stuff you need to know!
- You will need to provide all passenger names and individual body weights at the time of booking.
- The maximum weight for a single seat is 130kg. However, if you exceed this, please contact our team to discuss the available options.
- All flights will require a minimum of 2 people to operate. If you are a single traveller, we can certainly confirm your flight on a standby basis, just until another booking is received for this flight time. For a single traveller, please phone our office on (07) 4037 2700 to discuss.
- Your seating on the flight will be allocated based on passenger weights and balance of the aircraft.
- All prices are based on seat occupation. Children under the age of 3 are classed as Infants, and will travel free of charge. They will be seated on the parents lap and an infant seat belt restraint will be provided. Only 1 Infant per flight is permitted.
- Flights are subject to Management and/or pilot discretion, weather, air-traffic control and availability. With this in mind, flight paths may be altered to accommodate the above.