Great Barrier Reef helicopter tour
- Depart Cairns: on-demand tide dependant
- Includes: 40-minute flying time and 2 hours on Vlasoff Cay
Cairns Helicopter tour includes a spectacular flight over the Great Barrier Reef and 2 hours on a Vlasoff Cay.
Start your day with breathtaking views of the Great Barrier Reef before landing at a pristine sand cay surrounded by crystal-clear water.
Your Great Barrier Reef helicopter tour journey begins.
Imagine yourself and your loved one flying over the stunning Reef. You’ll have a bird’s eye view of one of the seven natural wonders of the World. In addition to these picture-postcard views, sightings of manta rays, turtles and other marine life happen every day during this Cairns Helicopter tour.
You will have your little piece of paradise when you reach Vlasoff Cay, a pristine sand cay in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. No crowds. Experience the fantastic destination exclusively.
For 2 hours, relax on the pure white sand, enjoy a gourmet picnic hamper and sparkling wine and enjoy the exclusive use of this stunning sand cay.
Snorkel off the cay on the fringing reefs and discover the beauty of the surrounding coral gardens.
Book this Great Barrier Reef Helicopter tour for any day with a minimum of 2 passengers.
This Cairns helicopter tour departs from Cairns General Aviation. Courtesy return transfers from your Cairns City, northern beaches and Palm Cove hotels.
Next, discover more things to do in Cairns.
Great Barrier Reef Helicopter tour Highlights
Great Barrier Reef Helicopter tour itinerary
- Pickup from your hotel
- Transfer to the Helipad at Cairns Marina
- 20 Minute Scenic Heli Flight over the Great Barrier Reef
- Beach landing on Vlasoff Cay
- 2 hours on the Sandy Cay
- 20 Minute Scenic Heli Flight back over the Reef as you return to Cairns.
- Return transfer back to your accommodation.
Included in your Sand Cay tour
- 30-minute scenic reef flight
- 2 hours on the sand cay
- Gourmet picnic including refreshments
- Snorkelling equipment
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Return transfers from your Cairns/Northern Beaches accommodation
- In-flight commentary from your expert pilot
What to bring for this Great Barrier Reef Helicopter tour
- Swimwear and Towel
- Sunglasses – Polarised are best to see the Reef without all the reflection!
- Bottle of water
- Sunscreen (SPF 50+ is best!)
- Spare change of dry clothes
- Jacket for the cooler months
Because the storage space on the helicopter is limited, please make sure that you pack the above items into a soft-sided bag.
It is important to note
- Vlasoff Cay is a public sand cay and as such can not be reserved.On the rare occasion it is occupied on our arrival we will not be permitted to land. If this occurs passengers will receive an extended reef scenic flight back to the Pier Heliport (total flying time 45 mins including initial 20 mins from Cairns to Vlasoff Cay). Passengers will be able to keep their picnic lunch and our reservations team will advise and assist with any refunds applicable.
- Please advise all passenger weights at the time of booking in the booking message section. If the weight variance is greater than 10% at the time of travel, additional fees may apply.
- As this tour includes snorkelling, you will need to complete a snorkel safety questionnaire to share with your pilot. This will be shared with you at the time of booking and can be completed prior to travel, or on the day.