Kuranda Train Scenic package
Kuranda train operates from the city centre of Cairns travelling along for 34 kilometres up to the Village in the rainforest Kuranda. Boarding at either Cairns Central Railway Station or the historic Freshwater Station.
Spend a day exploring the Kuranda Village markets, rainforestation and the Butterfly Sanctuary.
Take the standard tour or upgrade to the Kuranda Train Gold Class option.
The Kuranda train Scenic Package is a spectacular journey. Including stunning views of the World heritage-listed rainforest. View steep ravines and picturesque waterfalls. Winding along and up the Macalister Range from Cairns to Kuranda Village.
About the historic railway construction.
Sit back and relax. Learn about the pioneering history and the construction of the railway that started in 1886. many men lost their lives during the construction.
The first section of the railway line from Cairns to Redlynch. The second section included 2.3 million cubic metres of earthworks.
The mountain slopes averaged 45 degrees. During the building of the railway 1500 men were involved in the project.
The Cairns to Kuranda railway opened to the public on the 15th June 1891 for goods traffic only. Ten years later it was opened for passenger travel.
This historical, scenic railway travels through 15 hand-carved tunnels and over 37 bridges.
Famous has a hippy village in the rainforest Kuranda also is the final station on the train journey. The Kuranda Station is just below the Kuranda village. A short stroll to the hive of activity of the famous Kuranda Markets. Next, wander through the markets and enjoy the local arts and crafts.
After, you will visit Rainforestation Nature Park. Learn to throw a boomerang. Don’t miss the photo opportunity and a cuddle with a koala!
Take part in an Aboriginal dance show, and after enjoy an informative rainforest ride on an Army Duck.
After return to Cairns on the Skyrail. While you are on the Skyrail get an extraordinary birds-eye-view of the rainforest. Soar silently only meters above the rainforest canopy.
Stop off at Skyrail’s two mid-stations where you can enjoy Ranger guided boardwalk tours. The Skyrail stops at Barron Falls and Red Peak.
Due to the abrupt cancellation of the 8:30am service of Kuranda Scenic Railway, we have had to make tour Itinerary amendments.
- 08:30 am (approx) Pickup from your Cairns City Accommodation
- 09:50 am Travel Kuranda Scenic Railway.
- 11:25 am Arrive Kuranda Railway Station.
- 12:15 pm Please be at the bus stop outside the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary to transfer to Rainforestation Nature Park
- 13:00 pm Army Duck Rainforest Tour with Tropical Fruit Orchard.
- 15:15 pm Glide over the rainforest from Kuranda on Skyrail
- 17:00 pm Arrive at your Cairns accommodation
- Bus Transfer from your Cairns Accommodation to Freshwater Station
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Time in Kuranda Village
- Rainforestation Nature Park Army Duck
- Skyrail from Kuranda to Cairns
- Bus Transfer from Syrail station to your Cairns Accommodation