Waterfall Tour Cairns
This Waterfall Tour from Cairns is a must-do activity for anybody wanting to enjoy the pristine rainforest and gushing waterfalls. Not to mention stunning views of Queensland’s tallest peaks, and spotting rare and distinctive local animals. In fact, the very best of north Queensland’s most renowned waterfalls can be found by traveling south to the Atherton Tablelands.
Our first stop of the day will be Babinda Boulders. This stunning creek plays host to a variety of large boulders, creating turbulent rapids down the turquoise creek. With lush rainforest lining the banks, this creek is also one of the more picturesque places to visit! Follow your guide along the river, and learn all about the river which is rooted in Aboriginal culture. Listen to the Yindinji Tribe’s sad love story of Oolana and Dyga and the trapped spirits, as well as how this all came together to form the Babinda Boulders.
Take a dip in the crystal clear waters at Josephine Falls, with the lush rainforest surrounding the banks. The waterfalls trickle down to a natural waterslide that drops into a refreshing pool. You won’t find a waterfall like this anywhere else! So don’t forget to connect with your inner child and go for a slide or two! You will have the time of your life!
Next up on our adventure, it is time to visit Milla Milla Falls. This 18m single drop waterfall is one of the most iconic waterfalls to visit from Cairns. You will certainly see it advertised everywhere! Located in the heart of the Wet Tropics World Heritage you will certainly be treated to lush rainforest everywhere you turn.
Soon you will feel your belly start to rumble. But not to worry, we have you covered! We will head on over to the Malanda Pub for a country meal to fuel our next adventure.
Gigantic Trees and Spectacular Wildlife
After we have filled our bellies with delicious food, it will be time to head to the Curtain Fig Tree, for a gentle walk to witness this amazing tree. Estimated to be over 500 years, the formation of the roots is out of the ordinary. You can find plenty of wildlife in this little piece of rainforest. So don’t forget to be on the lookout for the Lumholtz Tree Kangaroo!
Before we head on for our last swim of the day, it’s time to go searching for some platypus! We will go exploring down a quiet little creek to see if we can spot these iconic mammals. Sooner or later it will be time to head over to Lake Eacham. This dormant volcanic crater plays home to turtles and fish and is a fantastic place to go for our last swim of the day.
Rainforest, swim in crystal clear mountain water is AMAZING!
Stunning three stage rainforest waterfall that has a great swimming hole.
We take our food very seriously, and you will not be disappointed
Milla Milla Falls
Are you ready to swim behind a 30 meter (100 foot) waterfall? If not, let us help take you.
A volcanic crater lake over 60 meters deep. The lake was created by underground pressure which erupted and left a large crater.
Our last stop is a special one. We will be looking for an extraordinary creature called a Platypus.
- The day begins with a visit to the Babinda Boulders. After a delicious morning tea, you take your first walk and swim of the day.
- From here, your journey on to Josephine Falls. Enjoy a short rainforest walk before sliding down a waterfall.
- Drive to the beautiful Tablelands and famous Millaa Millaa Falls. Uncle Brian will keep you amused and entertained with tales of adventure!
- Enjoy lunch at the Falls Tea House with a selection of cold roast meats, salads and vegetarian meals.
- Freshly brewed local tea and coffee served with freshly baked cake for dessert.
- When you get to Millaa Millaa Falls, make your way to beneath the waterfall and SING your heart out! One of the most photographed waterfalls in Australia and has made appearances in many films over the years.
- Delicious afternoon tea of hot chocolate and muffins follows a swim or stroll around Lake Eacham.
- Platypus spotting is next. It’s a beautiful moment when you see one.
- You get to relax by a volcanic crater lake in the evening before the exciting journey home with Uncle Brian.
What is included in my Rainforest and Waterfalls Tour?
- Morning and afternoon drinks and snacks.
- Delicious home-cooked 2-course lunch.
- Visiting ancient Rainforests.
- Experience the beauty of the Atherton Tablelands.
- Swimming, walking and just relaxing.
- Milla Milla Falls
- Babinda Boulders
- Josephine Falls
- Lake Eacham
- Friendly relaxed company.
- Fun-filled day! Sing-a-long on the homeward journey.
- Pick up & return from/to your Cairns CBD accommodation.
- Sense of fun
- Swimming Gear
- Walking Shoes/Sandals
- Change of Warm Clothes