Cairns helicopter tour
Cairns Helicopter tour includes a spectacular flight over the Great Barrier Reef and 2 hours on a secluded sandy cay.
Start your day with breathtaking views of the Great Barrier Reef before landing at a pristine sand cay surrounded by crystal clear water.
Your Journey Begins.
Imagine yourself and your loved one flying over the stunning reef. You’ll have a bird’s eye view of one of the seven natural wonders of the World. In addition to these picture-postcard views, sightings of manta rays, turtles and other marine life are not uncommon.
Reaching Vlasoff Cay, a pristine sand cay in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, you will have your little piece of paradise. No crowds. You’ll have it all to yourself.
For 2 hours, relax on the pure white sand and enjoy a gourmet picnic hamper and sparkling wine.
Snorkel straight off the cay on the fringing reefs and discover the beauty of the surrounding coral gardens.
Book this Cairns Helicopter tour for any day with a minimum of 2 passengers, subject to helicopter availability.
This Cairns helicopter tour departs from Cairns General Aviation. Courtesy return transfers from your Cairns City, northern beaches and Palm Cove hotels.
Would you like to spend a day on Lizard Island?
- Spectacular views of the Great Barrier Reef
- Green Island
- Arlington Reef
- Vlasoff Reef
- Middle Cay
- Upolu Reef
This itinerary depends on what time you choose to fly. We recommend a 7 am departure. Leaving at this time gives us the best chance of the sand cay being unoccupied.
- Accommodation transfer
- Depart general aviation
- 30-minute scenic flight
- 2 hours relaxing on a stunning Sandy Cay
- Return transfer back to your accommodation.
- 30-minute scenic reef flight
- 2 hours on the sand cay
- Gourmet picnic including refreshments
- Snorkelling equipment
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Return transfers from your Cairns and Northern Beaches accommodation
- In-flight commentary from your expert pilot
- Swimwear, towel, hat and sunglasses
- Bottle of water
Cairns Helicopter Tour Important Information.
- Sand Cay landing is subject to sand cay availability. Vlasoff Cay is a public sand cay and a popular spot, especially during the weekends and holidays. If there is another helicopter, boat or people on the cay, we cannot land. A landing on the cay is not possible with tides exceeding 2.2m and thus subject to the tides on the day. In the event the sand cay is occupied, we fly to an alternative secluded beach nearby.
- This experience is dependent on good weather. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be offered a flight on a different date or a full refund.
- Would you please advise all passengers weights at the time of booking in the booking message section? If the weight variance is greater than 10% at the time of travel, you may incur a 100% cancellation fee.
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
For All bookings during COVID-19.
If your booking is affected for any reasons during COVID, we will allow you to change your travel date.
If you are unsure when you will travel, your booking will be open dated with NO expiration date.
Cancellation fees are as follows
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more before departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days before departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days before departures
Schedules subject to change without notice
Scuba Diving Insurance
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy that includes trip cancellation insurance and Evacuation & Medical cover for scuba diving.
Please be aware that not all Travel Insurance companies cover scuba diving and in-water activities. Please read the wording of your policy carefully.
Any evacuation, vessel relocation, or medical expenses are the diver's financial responsibility in a Medical Emergency. We strongly recommend the purchase of dive insurance.
Cancellation / Rescheduling Policy
We reserve the right to change vessel, dive locations, and prices without notice.
Please note we must receive at least 48 hours' notice from you when choosing to cancel or reschedule a reservation. Cancellation refunds are not given within 48 hours' notice. This includes factors beyond your control, including medical problems, airline delays, bad weather, etc.
Please refer to the Trade Practices Act 1974. Travel Insurance is highly recommended.
Please contact our office if you require any further information.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team
*If Vlasoff Cay is occupied upon arrival, guests will enjoy a scenic flight to an exclusive beach location. While no refunds apply if the alternative site is required, guests will receive complimentary return ferry tickets to explore Fitzroy Island at their leisure.