Cairns helicopter tour
- Depart Cairns: on-demand tide dependant
- Includes: 40 minute flying time and 2 hours on Vlasoff Cay
Cairns Helicopter tour includes a spectacular flight over the Great Barrier Reef and 2 hours on a Vlasoff Cay.
Start your day with breathtaking views of the Great Barrier Reef before landing at a pristine sand cay surrounded by crystal clear water.
Your Journey Begins.
Imagine yourself and your loved one flying over the stunning reef. You’ll have a bird’s eye view of one of the seven natural wonders of the World. In addition to these picture-postcard views, sightings of manta rays, turtles and other marine life happen every day during this Cairns Helicopter tour.
Reaching Vlasoff Cay, a pristine sand cay in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, you will have your little piece of paradise. No crowds. Experience the fantastic destination exclusively.
For 2 hours, relax on the pure white sand, enjoy a gourmet picnic hamper and sparkling wine and enjoy the exclusive use of this stunning sand cay.
Snorkel straight off the cay on the fringing reefs and discover the beauty of the surrounding coral gardens.
Book this Cairns Helicopter tour for any day with a minimum of 2 passengers.
This Cairns helicopter tour departs from Cairns General Aviation. Courtesy return transfers from your Cairns City, northern beaches and Palm Cove hotels.
Next, see how you can spend a day on Lizard Island?
Vlasoff Cay Heli Tour Highlights
- Private Helicopter Flight
- 40 Minute Scenic Flight (20 Minutes each way)
- 2 hours on Vlasoff Cay
- Snorkelling on Vlasoff Cay
- Fly over the Great Barrier Reef
- Return Hotel Transfers
- Pickup from your hotel
- Transfer to the Helipad at Cairns Marina
- 20 Minute Scenic Heli Flight over the Great Barrier Reef
- Beach landing on Vlasoff Cay
- 2 hours on the Sandy Cay
- 20 Minute Scenic Heli Flight back over the Reef as you return to Cairns.
- Return transfer back to your accommodation.
Included in your Sand Cay tour
- 30-minute scenic reef flight
- 2 hours on the sand cay
- Gourmet picnic including refreshments
- Snorkelling equipment
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Return transfers from your Cairns/Northern Beaches accommodation
- In-flight commentary from your expert pilot
- Swimwear and Towel
- Sunglasses – Polarised are best so you can see the Reef without all the reflection!
- Bottle of water
- Sunscreen (SPF 50+ is best!)
- Spare change of dry clothes
- Jacket for the cooler months
Because the storage space on the helicopter is limited, please make sure that you pack the above items into a soft-sided bag.
It is important to note
- Vlasoff Cay is a public sand cay. On rare occasion, we may fly over the cay to find guests who are already on the cay. For this reason, we will not be able to land the helicopter. Instead, guests will then enjoy an extended reef scenic flight including views of Arlington Reef before landing at Green Island for snorkelling and lunch.
- In the event of poor weather where we are unable to fly, you will be offered the chance to reschedule your tour or offered a travel credit.
- Please advise all passenger weights at the time of booking in the booking message section. If the weight variance is greater than 10% at the time of travel, additional fees may apply.
- As this tour includes snorkelling, you will need to complete a snorkel safety questionnaire to share with your pilot. This will be shared with you at the time of booking and can be completed prior to travel, or on the day.
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard
For All bookings during COVID-19.
If your booking is affected for any reasons during COVID, we will allow you to change your travel date.
If you are unsure when you will travel, your booking will be open dated with NO expiration date.
Cancellation fees are as follows
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more before departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days before departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days before departures
Schedules subject to change without notice
Scuba Diving Insurance
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy that includes trip cancellation insurance and Evacuation & Medical cover for scuba diving.
Please be aware that not all Travel Insurance companies cover scuba diving and in-water activities. Please read the wording of your policy carefully.
Any evacuation, vessel relocation, or medical expenses are the diver's financial responsibility in a Medical Emergency. We strongly recommend the purchase of dive insurance.
Cancellation / Rescheduling Policy
We reserve the right to change vessel, dive locations, and prices without notice.
Please note we must receive at least 48 hours' notice from you when choosing to cancel or reschedule a reservation. Cancellation refunds are not given within 48 hours' notice. This includes factors beyond your control, including medical problems, airline delays, bad weather, etc.
Please refer to the Trade Practices Act 1974. Travel Insurance is highly recommended.
Please contact our office if you require any further information.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team
*If Vlasoff Cay is occupied upon arrival, guests will enjoy a scenic flight to an exclusive beach location. While no refunds apply if the alternative site is required, guests will receive complimentary return ferry tickets to explore Fitzroy Island at their leisure.