Explore Paradise: Cape Tribulation Tour in Australia
This Indigenous Experience and Cape Tribulation Tour is a remarkable journey that allows you to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Australia, showcasing the unique convergence of the world’s oldest tropical rainforests and the magnificent Great Barrier Reef. This full-day adventure is filled with captivating experiences that highlight the wonders of this pristine paradise.
Along the way
The excursion commences with a scenic coastal drive from Cairns to Port Douglas, a route often likened to the far north’s great ocean road. Along the way, you’ll be treated to panoramic views of the glistening Coral Sea, setting the stage for an unforgettable day. As you head north, your first stop is Mossman Gorge, nestled within the southern sector of the renowned Daintree National Park.
When you arrive at Mossman Gorge, you’ll have the exclusive opportunity to engage with the traditional owners. This memorable experience begins with a warm “Welcome to Country” and a traditional Smoke Ceremony led by the Kuku Yalanji people.
During your visit, you’ll gain valuable insights into the rich heritage of the Bama, the indigenous Rainforest people. A knowledgeable guide will provide an informative presentation, sharing their wisdom about traditional weapons, customs, and the vibrant culture of this remarkable community. It’s a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the fascinating world of the Kuku Yalanji and learn about their connection to the pristine rainforest surroundings.
Mossman Gorge is a magical place carved out by the crystal-clear waters of the Mossman River. It winds through imposing granite boulders, surrounded by lush green rainforest.
Here, you will be privileged to participate in a “Welcome to Country” ceremony with the Kuku Yalanji people, who are the traditional owners of this land.
They will also cleanse you of evil spirits through a smoke ceremony and apply traditional rainforest body paint. An invigorating swim in the refreshing cascading waters of the gorge awaits you.
Crossing the Daintree River
Continuing your journey northward, you’ll cross the mighty Daintree River, a gateway to Cape Tribulation.
We serve lunch in the heart of the rainforest, offering a captivating dining experience among the ancient trees.
Following your meal, an expert-guided tour of the Marrdja Botanical Boardwalk awaits. Your knowledgeable guides will offer insights into the rainforest, unveiling its secrets and wonders.
Prepare to be astonished by the remarkable diversity of this ecosystem.
Within a short, easy stroll, the walk will take you through everything from low-lying ferns and shrubs to the towering rainforest canopy and mangrove ecosystems. If time permits, visiting the Daintree Ice Cream Co. is on the agenda, offering deliciously exotic fruit ice creams made on-site in small artisan-style batches (at additional cost).
You’ll visit the Alexandra Range Lookout (Walu Wugirriga) for a stunning photo opportunity.
From this vantage point, you will enjoy sweeping views encompassing the Daintree River, its rainforest delta, and the vast expanse of the Coral Sea.
This afternoon, embark on a wildlife cruise on the river, where you might even catch sight of a crocodile. Along the way, you’ll learn about this serpent-like river system’s fragile yet impressive ecosystem.
As the day draws to a close, you’ll board the bus for the return journey to Cairns, with a brief drive through Port Douglas, a picturesque beachside village known for its laid-back vibe, abundance of bars, and cafes.
This Cape Tribulation Day tour is a perfect opportunity to witness and appreciate the natural wonders of Australia, offering an enriching experience that combines adventure, education, and awe-inspiring beauty.
You’re in for a breathtaking journey from Cairns to Port Douglas along the scenic coastal drive.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll see and experience on this remarkable adventure:
- Scenic Coastal Drive: Your journey begins with a picturesque drive along the coast, offering stunning views of the coastline’s beauty.
- Mossman Gorge (Indigenous Experience): You’ll enjoy an immersive indigenous experience at Mossman Gorge. This includes a “Welcome to Country” and a Smoke Ceremony by the Kuku Yalanji people, where you can learn about their customs and culture.
- Daintree River (Ferry Crossing): The Daintree River ferry crossing is a unique experience, allowing you to cross this majestic river and witness its natural charm.
- Rainforest Boardwalk (Guided Tour): Embark on a guided tour along a rainforest boardwalk. Here, you’ll have the chance to explore the lush rainforest environment and learn about its incredible biodiversity.
- Cape Tribulation (Where Rainforest Meets Reef): Cape Tribulation is a breathtaking location where the rainforest meets the reef. It’s a unique natural wonder that showcases the diverse beauty of this region.
- Wildlife River Cruise (Crocodiles and More): Join a wildlife river cruise where you can encounter some of Australia’s fascinating wildlife, including crocodiles and other captivating creatures.
- Port Douglas (Scope It Out): Your journey concludes in the charming town of Port Douglas, where you can take some time to explore its attractions, relax, and soak in the coastal atmosphere.
This Cape Tribulation tour promises a perfect blend of natural beauty, indigenous culture, and wildlife encounters along the stunning coast of Australia.
So what is Included?
- Scenic Coastal Drive (Cairns to Port Douglas)
- Mossman Gorge (with Welcome to Country Indigenous Experience)
- Wildlife River Cruise (Crocodiles and more)
- Guided Rainforest Walk
- Cape Tribulation
- Lunch in the rainforest
- Daintree River (ferry crossing)
- Short visit to world-famous Port Douglas
And what will I need to bring?
- A small day bag
- Swimming Costume
- Walking shoes
- Insect repellent
- Money for drinks, snacks and also Icecream
What are the best parts of your day?
- Scenic Coastal Drive
- Mossman Gorge
- Welcome to Country and Smoke Ceremony
- Daintree River
- Rainforest Boardwalk
- Cape Tribulation
- Wildlife River Cruise
- Port Douglas
And how does your day look?
- 7:30 am – Pickups from Cairns or Northern Beaches Accommodation
- Arrive at Mossman Gorge Centre
- Meet Traditional Owners and experience a “Welcome to Country” as well as a smoke ceremony.
- Transfer to the gorge for a Rainforest Walk and optional swim
- Travel to the Daintree River Cruise Centre for the Daintree Wildlife and Crocodile Spotting Cruise
- Drive through the Rainforest to Cape Tribulation
- Enjoy Lunch at Cape Tribulation
- Visit Marddja Boardwalk for the guided Rainforest Walk
- Spend time at Cape Tribulation Beach (Myall Beach)
- Visit Daintree Icecream Co (ice-cream purchased at own cost)
- Stop at Alexandra Lookout
- Return back to the Mainland via the Daintree River Ferry Crossing
- Sightseeing tour through Port Douglas
- 7:00 pm – Return to your Cairns Accommodation
So what is not Included?
Breakfast, Snacks as well as Drinks, are available to be purchased at Mossman Gorge Centre.
You can also purchase an ice cream when visiting the Daintree Ice-Cream Co.
But how will I get there?
Courtesy transfers to and from your hotel are included.
Infants (0-1 years old) – Please note infants travel free of charge on the condition they sit on the parents lap whilst travelling. No meal is included for an infant.
The child pricing for this tour applies to children between 2-11 years. With this in mind, Adult pricing applies to guests 12 years and over.