Barron River Rafting Grade 3 Rafting for 2 hours
This White water rafting Cairns tour is a half-day action-packed on the Barron River. Pick up from your hotel is at approximately 2 pm, returning you at 5 pm, for 2 hours of grade 3 rafting and loads of fun along the way.
The cost from Cairns is $153 and from Port Douglas $135. There is also a $30 rafting levy to pay on the day of your tour.
The rafts carry up to seven people and are a fun and excellent activity with friends and family.
About the Barron River
Barron River Rafting
Join us for this Half Day Rafting Barron River tour in the Barron Gorge National Park. This tour is only 20 minutes from the centre of Cairns (40 minutes ex-Port Douglas).
Barron Gorge National Park is known for its rugged rainforest mountains, steep ravines, and the mighty Barron Falls. Barron Gorge has been carved out over thousands of years by the Barron River.
The rafts follow the river’s flow as it snakes its way down from the mountains.
Enjoy this scenic rafting and rainforest adventure, combining calm water floating with a series of white water rapids for adventure and action.
White Water rafting cairns is a fantastic introduction to White Water Rafting. It’s fun, exciting, and suitable for all the family. Enjoy up to two hours of rafting up to grade 3 rapids.
Our rafts carry up to seven passengers plus your river guide. No experience is necessary.
Let our guides entertain you on this spectacular river, offering guaranteed water levels year-round!
Next, explore more fun things to do in Cairns.
Up to 2 hours of white water rafting
- Depart Hotel at approximately 2.00 pm
- Then meet at Lake Placid at 2.30 pm
- Barron River White Water Rafting
- Return to Hotel at approximately 5.30 pm
- Return transfers (if not self-driving)
- 2 Hours of White Water Rafting on rapids up to grade 3
- As well as all Tuition
- Safety equipment
- River Guides (professional and certified),
- Stunning Rainforest and ravines of Barron Gorge National Park
Shoe Hire, Snacks and Souvenir Photos
There is a mandatory $30.00 per person Rafting levy, which is payable on the day of travel.
What to bring?
- Your ticket to board
- Cash/credit card for optional extras and Pay onboard Levy $30 per person
- A cap or sun visor able to be worn under your safety helmet
- Water-resistant 15 + sunscreen but do not apply to the back of your legs
- Swimming costume and towel. (you will need to have your swimming costume already on when you are picked up)
- Secured footwear is mandatory – lace-up shoes or sandals that will get wet (limited shoe hire available at an additional cost)
- Some money for photos and souvenirs
- Change of clothes
- We strongly recommend you bring an extra t-shirt or rash vest to wear under your life vest to prevent sunburn
- Finally, enthusiasm for an Awesome day!
Lake Placid Carpark @ 2.30 pm : 101 Lake Placid Road (wait with your car, rafters must not enter the caravan park)
The minimum age to participate is 12 years. For your safety, you will not be permitted to raft if we detect you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol and in these instances, no refund will apply. If you have any medical conditions you are worried about, please talk to our friendly team.
There’s a Pay onboard Levy $30 per person to be paid on the day of travel.