Celebrate Easter in Cairns: A Tropical Paradise for Your Holiday Getaway
Welcome to Cairns, a tropical paradise located in Queensland, Australia.
This city is a favourite destination for travellers worldwide, and there’s no better time to visit than during Easter. With its warm weather, stunning beaches, and natural beauty, Cairns is the perfect place to celebrate this special holiday.
In this article, we’ll share everything you need about Easter in Cairns, from events and activities to the best places to eat and stay.
The Easter Bunny will be handing out chocolates from 7:30 am on the Marlin Marina before he hops onboard Reef Experience on his way to the Great Barrier Reef.
Easter Events and Activities
Cairns is home to various Easter events and activities catering to people of all ages. From egg hunts to family-friendly festivals, there’s something for everyone. Here are some of the top Easter events and activities in Cairns:
- Easter Egg Hunts – Many parks and recreational areas around Cairns host Easter egg hunts during the Easter weekend. These events are perfect for families with young children looking for a fun and interactive way to celebrate the holiday. Chill Cafe in Palm Cove has an easter egg hunt that is sure to be loads of fun.
- Easter Markets – The Easter Markets in Cairns are a great place to find unique gifts and souvenirs. Local artisans and craftsmen showcase their handmade goods, from jewellery and clothing to artwork and home decor. Palm Cove Markets are having an Easter Eggstravaganza on Easter Sunday.
- Family-Friendly Festivals – Cairns is known for its family-friendly festivals, and Easter is no exception. These festivals feature live music, food trucks, and activities for kids, such as face painting, balloon art, and carnival games.
- Easter Church Services – For those looking for a more traditional Easter celebration, many churches in Cairns offer special services during the Easter weekend. Attend a service and experience the spiritual side of this holiday.
Best Places to Eat
Cairns is known for its culinary scene, and there are many great places to eat during Easter. Whether you’re looking for a fancy dinner or a casual brunch, Cairns has something for everyone. Here are some of the top places to eat during Easter in Cairns:
Spirit of Cairns
If you’re looking for a unique and unforgettable way to celebrate Easter in Cairns, consider taking a Spirit of Cairns Easter lunch cruise. This is the perfect way to enjoy the region’s stunning natural beauty while indulging in delicious food and drink.
This restaurant is located on the Cairns Esplanade and offers stunning waterfront views. Splash Restaurant serves fresh seafood and other local favourites.
The Reef Hotel Casino
The Reef Hotel Casino has several restaurants offering various cuisines. From Italian to Japanese, there’s something for everyone.
Ochre Restaurant is located in the heart of Cairns and is known for its innovative menu. The restaurant serves Australian cuisine with an Aboriginal twist.
Best Places to Stay
Cairns has many great places to stay during Easter, from luxury hotels to budget-friendly hostels. Here are some of the top places to stay in Cairns:
- Shangri-La Hotel – This luxury hotel is in the heart of Cairns and offers stunning ocean views. The hotel has a variety of amenities, including a spa, fitness centre, and restaurant.
- Cairns Colonial Club Resort – Cairns Colonial Club Resort is a family-friendly resort that offers a variety of activities for kids, including a pool and playground. The resort is located a short distance from the city centre.
- Gilligan’s Backpackers Hotel and Resort – This hostel is perfect for budget-conscious travellers looking for a fun and lively atmosphere. The hostel has a bar, nightclub, and pool.
- Coral Tree Inn – Coral Tree Inn is a boutique hotel in Cairns’s heart. The hotel has a pool, restaurant, and free Wi-Fi.
Easter in Cairns is a magical time.
0 Comment on "Easter in Cairns"
There are no comments yet
Add a comment